Lash Care 101: Everything You Need to Know to Care for and Clean Your Eyelash Extensions
Eyelash extensions can be a great way to enhance your natural lashes, but they require proper care and cleaning to ensure they last as long as possible. In this blog post, we will cover everything you need to know to care for and clean your eyelash extensions.
Understanding Eyelash Extensions
Eyelash extensions are synthetic or natural fibers that are applied individually to your natural lashes. They come in a range of lengths, thicknesses, and styles, and are designed to enhance the look of your natural lashes. They typically last 4-6 weeks before needing a touch-up or a new set.
Daily Care for Eyelash Extensions
To keep your eyelash extensions looking their best, you should follow these daily care tips:
- Avoid getting them wet for the first 24 hours after application
- Avoid rubbing or pulling at your lashes
- Avoid sleeping on your stomach or with your face pressed against a pillow
- Use oil-free makeup and makeup remover
- Brush your lashes with a spoolie brush to keep them neat and separated
Cleaning Eyelash Extensions
Cleaning your eyelash extensions is an important part of their care. Here's how to do it properly:
- Wet a soft, lint-free cloth with warm water
- Gently wipe your lashes with the cloth, being careful not to tug or pull on them
- Use a small amount of oil-free cleanser to remove any makeup or debris
- Rinse your lashes with warm water and pat them dry with a clean towel
- Use a spoolie brush to gently comb through your lashes
How Often to Clean Eyelash Extensions
You should clean your eyelash extensions at least once a day, but twice a day is recommended. Cleaning them in the morning and at night will help remove any debris or makeup that may have accumulated during the day.
Touch-Ups and Maintenance
Your eyelash extensions will naturally shed over time, so touch-ups are necessary to keep them looking their best. A touch-up is typically needed every 2-3 weeks, but this can vary depending on how well you care for your lashes. It's important to avoid pulling or tugging on your lashes, as this can cause damage and premature shedding.
In summary, taking care of your eyelash extensions is key to keeping them looking beautiful and lasting as long as possible. Follow these tips for daily care and proper cleaning, and be sure to schedule touch-ups as needed. With proper care, your eyelash extensions will enhance your natural beauty for weeks to come.